Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The Mirror™ – Charlie Dance

Joining the league of Nigerian performing artistes (Daddy Showkey, Marvelous Benjy, Iyanya and host of others) who created dance steps to their name, Ozzy Bee drops Charlie Dance video his most anticipated single of 2016.

Charlie Dance is a mild hip funk song featuring Nigeria’s most controversial rap icon Rugged Man and one of Nigeria’s finest rapper Vector who holds the rap crown for bursting non-stop for two hours on Rhythm FM 93.7 entertainment programme – rap culture.

Charlie Dance audio was officially released for public consumption on August 4th, 2016. Despite been available online via notable online entertainment website, the video to Charlie Dance officially was released on February 14th, 2017 during Ozzy Bee three–in–one Valentine concert.

The video which was directed by MattMax, shot on location at marina, Lagos, an empty hall with white, black and mixed colour background. With an impressive choreography and costume together with Kaffy’s super cool cameo appearance, it is indeed the video to talk about coming from a teenage entertainer.

The audio production is cool, calm and not cancerously distorting. Noticeable musical instrumentation was rightly used and combined together for the listening pleasure of the senses. The lyrics are a blend of edutainment “…wana be a superstar, go to school and read your book… all work and no play make me a dull boy but Ozzy Bee is not a dull boy…” without restriction even for a child’s birthday. The chorus “watch me do my dance… when I lean back when I lean forward watch me do my dance, help me call my friends to watch me do my dance…” is easy to memorize, remember and sing along.

Yesterday, it was “shoki” and “shakiti bobo” from Lil Kesh and Olamide respectively. Today it’s “charlie dance” from Ozzy Bee Nigeria’s rising teenage entertainer. Tomorrow who will it be and what will the dance be called?

No comments: