Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, February 16, 2017

The Mirror™ - Ife Dakun


The chorus of Ife Dakun, the second single from GT The GuitarMan’s third studio album, Animal Instinct, sings:

Love I’m waiting for you
Love if I don’t see you, I wouldn’t sleep
Love if I don’t see you, I can’t eat

Ife Dakun is a Yoruba phrase from western Nigeria meaning Love Please. Released on the eve of 2017 St. Valentine Day courtesy of Ember Entertainment, it is a soft afro pop tempo song with a genuine message of love.
Delivered in an easy to relate Nigerian language – Pidgin English and traditional Yoruba language – the intro (baby baby my beautiful lady / e get wetin dey my mind / e don tey wey we don dey / I no wan ever leave your side…) of the song instantly gets you hooked as GT’s charming voice tells you how he honestly, innocently and deeply needs to love and be loved.
Though not the regular cancerous beat, the instrumentation of the song captures the moment with memories of happy butterflies. Love is a powerful therapy, breaking boundaries with ease.
Thumbs Up, GT The GuitarMan!



No comments: