Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Left For Good vs. Left For Good. The Writers Lens™



Left For Good is no doubt a brilliant song put together by Waje featuring Patoranking. It was however, remixed excellently well by Bayelsa’s rising star – Jah Wondah. From all indication, it’s an unusual love song that celebrates relationship break up as its chorus reads “thought you left me for bad but you left for good. Please don’t come back in my life I don’t mean to be rude… since you’ve been gone I’ve been doing fine and nobody can take what is mine…” other than relationship make up.

Sadly, in most developing nations with no exception to Nigeria, the music industry is characterised with mediocrity. To this end we hear a lot of musical rubbish circulating within the airwaves. However it would take an astute music investor or stakeholder with a high dose of INTEGRITY to negate worthless songs and embrace quality songs.  And by this I mean songs that are properly produced with thought provoking lyrics, “exceptional vocal delivery ‘no auto tunes’ and consumable visuals”.


Jah Wondah
The song Left For Good is an outstanding song with exceptionally good consumable visuals. From the Nigeria reggae dancehall music perspective, this song by my accounts is the only Nigeria reggae song with a reggae cover done by a Nigerian reggae singer who goes by the name – Jah Wondah. 

Without any shard of sentiment, Jah Wondah’s lyrics as captioned here - “Waje you pretty like a princess in a palace… me go buy you Range Rover, Rolls Royce… man feel better seeing your face full of joy… Waje I’m not the one to ever make you cry, every day I want to be the one to make you smile…” was punchy with panache to say the least.

On the other hand, Nigeria’s reggae dancehall sensation – Patoranking contributed immensely with his lyrical delivery as captured here - “I’ve been waiting for this moment so long but I hope you understand, I’ve been trying not to make things go wrong, but I’m only just a man… we meant to be like Jack and Jane...

From my analysis these two artistes (Patoranking and Jah Wondah) displayed remarkable creativity and uniqueness in this song. However, Empress Waje on the flip side remains the incorruptible judge to give judgement between Patoranking and Jah Wondah whom she will accept IF there is ever going to be a choice to be made by her between these two wicked piece of artistes (borrowing a leaf from Jamaican patois).

These crop of reggae dancehall artistes are every inch gifted and talented I say keep the flame Jah Wondah for this heart felt remix (refix) and I pray you do not relent in your stride to uplift your state and Nigeria intentionally as it concerns reggae dancehall music globally.

No comments: